If you haven’t already considered integrating SMS text messaging into your marketing strategy, then NOW is a great time to start! SMS marketing isn’t new, and it continues to be one of the most powerful and cost-effective ways to grow a database of loyal customers (or donors if a non-profit). When used properly, SMS delivers unparalleled audience engagement with consistent open rates of 97%, and response rates as high as 45%! If that isn’t reason enough, here are 5 key reasons why your small business or non-profit should use it today:
- SMS is 100% permission based marketing. Just like email, when your audience subscribes to a mobile list, loyalty program, or “text club”, they can easily opt-in or opt-out at any time (all via text) and they are giving you permission to send them messages! Since your business will be texting a private mobile number, there are a few basic “rules” you need to follow, so just be sure your service provider is in compliance and adheres best practices. This is very important.
- Grow your database (lists). I touched on this in the opening paragraph, but SMS continues to be the quickest and simplest way to build up a database of your loyal customers / audience using a variety of interactive and engaging ways. Keeping your mobile list / text club as a channel to offer exclusive promotions, or announcements is one way to get your opt-ins to soar. Opt-out rates for SMS continue to stay low for this reason when not overused. Timing and frequency are key here.
- Use SMS to increase sales and awareness during the holidays. There is no better channel than SMS to send targeted, relevant messages and promotions during the holiday season. If you are a business that relies on holiday sales, or a non-profit that relies on donations at a certain time of year than SMS if your clear choice to best communicate with your audience. Now is the perfect time to GROW your list so when the holidays roll around, you will have a large following already which will do wonders for sales. Give them the right incentive offer, and watch the line form out the door. Hint: Small Business Saturday, or Black Friday exclusive mobile deals.
- Most direct and effective way to reach your audience. One simple FACT about SMS is that nearly 100% off all devices on the market are SMS enabled making it the mobile channel that has the widest reach. According to Forbes in 2014, SMS can achieve a 45% response rate, compared to other marketing strategies such as email that may get just 6%.
- Leverage other forms of marketing. By promoting your mobile list or text club opt-in instructions on your social media pages, website, email marketing and print advertising, it will dramatically increase opt-ins and grow your audience whom wish to receive text alerts. Today is all about consumer preference and some of your audience may only want text alerts, whereas other only want to receive emails. By giving them options, your business will build credibility and boost loyalty.
When it comes to customer/audience engagement and ROI, nothing compares to SMS. It is a simple, yet effective strategy to implement and start with if you are wanting to connect with your audience on a mobile device. The results will surprise you and make you wonder why you haven’t implemented it years ago.
Ready to get started? Contact us today at 480-422-1727 or email sales(at)mobile-ci.com to request a 15 minute demo.
– The Mobile CI Teamby